HVAC and Plumber Technical Training
Download the free curriculum below!
Registrations are now closed for the 2023 Train the Trainer, HVAC events. You can still download the curriculum, HVAC and Plumber Technical Training, for HVAC and Plumbing Professionals, below. This 80-hour course is designed to provide current information, practices, and procedures to educate HVAC and plumbing professionals on how to design, install, test, and operate propane appliances and gas distribution systems in a safe and efficient manner.
What you’ll get
Two days of in-person instruction from industry experts where we will go through the curriculum together so you can confidently incorporate it into your own classroom curriculum.
Land a free flight to the training location of your choice
Hotel & Travel
We'll book you a complimentary room near the event, and provide meals and ground transportation during your stay.
What you’ll learn
The course, HVAC and Plumber Technical Training, for HVAC and Plumbing Professionals, provides plumbing and HVAC instructors, students, and propane professionals with the information they need to safely work with propane. At this training event, you will receive everything you need to take back to your classroom.
A physical copy of HVAC and Plumber Technical Training
A USB with the following on it:
HVAC and Plumber Technical Training curriculum
Five videos that correlate with specific modules in the curriculum
A set of PowerPoints that match the material in the HVAC and Plumber Technical Training Book.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
Vapor Distribution Systems
- How propane containers, regulators, and gas piping supply adequate gas pressure to appliances.
- When and why a propane container does not adequately supply the propane demand of the system.
- The importance of having properly sized gas piping.
Appliance Installation Requirements
- The importance of installing a safe and code-compliant venting system.
- The different category types of vented appliances.
- Why it’s important to select the correct venting system materials for the different appliance categories.
- The importance of maintaining proper clearances between an appliance venting system and combustible materials.
Interior Gas Piping Installation Requirements
- The correct gas piping system material to be used.
- How gas piping distribution systems are installed in a safe and code-compliant manner.
- The difference between a sediment trap and a drip leg and their different installation requirements.
- The correct pressure to apply to piping systems.
Tests and Checks
- The different vapor distribution system checks and tests and their importance.
- The purpose and code requirements for conducting a pressure test, a leak check, and a flow and lockup test.
- The difference between a system flow test and a regulator flow test and how to conduct them.
Get The Full Course
You don’t have to enter the sweepstakes to get the full HVAC course. Download it below for access to the instructor manuals, videos, quizzes, and everything else you need to put propane in your classroom.