Heating Oil Systems Heating Oil Systems
Once, heating oil was a solid performer for you. It worked hard and served its purpose heating your home. Now you’re starting to wonder if heating oil is still doing the job. It’s time to consider propane, a solution that performs better, saves money, and is more environmentally friendly. Today’s propane-powered heating systems outpace heating oil in every way. And once you explore the economical and environmental advantages of a high-efficiency propane furnace, you’ll see you can’t afford to be sentimental. It’s time to retire heating oil and make a clean switch to propane.
COMPARING PROPANE WITH HEATING OIL
Comfortable, consistent warmth for your family isn’t the only benefit of a propane heating system. Here are other advantages you’ll enjoy when you retire your old heating oil system and replace it with propane.
- Propane systems have lower overall energy costs compared with heating oil systems.
- Propane is better for the environment, with systems producing 12 percent fewer greenhouse gas emissions and 80 percent fewer NOx emissions compared with a heating oil furnace.
- Like heating oil, propane is stored on site, providing security and independence for homeowners.
- Propane gives you flexibility. It can provide you with exceptional home energy performance in water heating, cooking, clothes drying, fireplaces, and backup power generation.
TYPES OF PROPANE HEATING SYSTEMS
Choose propane, and take your pick between high-efficiency furnaces and high-efficiency boilers. Both offer tremendous performance and value for homeowners.
High-Efficiency Propane Furnaces
These furnaces deliver significant value and distinctive comfort. They’re affordable, efficient, economical to operate, and kind to the environment.
- Space heating for any size floor plan.
- Rated from 90 percent to 98 percent efficient.
- Smaller carbon footprint than most other systems.
High-Efficiency Propane Boilers
These also lower costs and add value to homes. They serve a variety of space- and water-heating applications.
- Wide range of heating capacities, with inputs as high as 299,000Btu/h.
- Additional end use options include snow melt and zoned heating.
- Many Energy Star rated boilers have efficiency ratings of at least 85 AFUE.
SEE THE NUMBERS FOR YOURSELF
To see how clean propane is, look at this comparison of furnaces in the Northeast. A high-efficiency propane furnace produced one-third fewer CO2 emissions compared with heating oil.
|HEATING SYSTEM||CO2 EMISSIONS|
|Propane Furnace “Most Efficient”||6.13 tons|
|Heating Oil Furnace Standard Efficiency||9.61 tons|
RETIRE HEATING OIL BEFORE IT QUITS
Don’t wait until your current heating oil system decides to quit on you. Give us a call now. We’ll help plan your old system’s retirement, and start the discussion about your new, economically and environmentally friendly propane heating solution.