WIN A FREE TRIP AND TRAINING WIN A FREE TRIP AND TRAINING
FOUR DESTINATIONS. COUNTLESS BENEFITS.
Win a free trip to one of four propane training events across the country. At each location, we’ll be training plumbing and HVAC instructors how to teach our course, Overview of Propane Distribution Systems for HVAC and Plumbing Professionals. Sign up for your chance to win a trip to a destination near you (or nominate an instructor you know).
- Phoenix, AZ – June 25-26
- Ocean Springs, MS – Fall 2020
- Chicago, IL – Fall 2020
- Nashville, TN – Fall 2020
what you’ll get:
What you’ll learn
The course taught during this special training event provides plumbing and HVAC instructors, students, and propane professionals with the information they need to safely work with propane.
Vapor Distribution Systems
- How propane containers, regulators, and gas piping supply adequate gas pressure to appliances.
- When and why a propane container does not adequately supply the propane demand of the system.
- The importance of having properly sized gas piping.
Appliance Installation Requirements
- The importance of installing a safe and code-compliant venting system.
- The different category types of vented appliances.
- Why it’s important to select the correct venting system materials for the different appliance categories.
- The importance of maintaining proper clearances between an appliance venting system and combustible materials.
Interior Gas Piping Installation Requirements
- The correct gas piping system material to be used.
- How gas piping distribution systems are installed in a safe and code-compliant manner.
- The difference between a sediment trap and a drip leg and their different installation requirements.
- The correct pressure to apply to piping systems.
Tests and Checks
- The different vapor distribution system checks and tests and their importance.
- The purpose and code requirements for conducting a pressure test, a leak check, and a flow and lockup test.
- The difference between a system flow test and a regulator flow test and how to conduct them.
Nominate yourself or a colleague to win this free trip and valuable training. Simply fill in the form below, and tell us why you want to add propane to your curriculum. View the official rules.
Get The Free Course
You don’t have to enter the sweepstakes to get this free course. Download it below for access to the instructor manuals, videos, quizzes, and everything else you need to put propane in your classroom.