This course has been designed to help emergency responders develop the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and effectively manage a propane emergency in transportation or at fixed facilities. It is aimed to firefighters and members of the Hazardous Materials Response Teams, propane marketers, propane industry product and container specialists, and private or emergency response contractors and based upon commonly used practices, references to nationally recognized engineering practices, regulations and consensus standards, and training programs.
The topics covered are:
- Physical Properties and Characteristics of Propane
- Standards, Codes, and Regulations for propane storage tank design, construction, and operation
- Non-Bulk Container Design and Construction Features
- Bulk Transportation Design and Construction
- Bulk Plants and Bulk Storage Tanks
- General Emergency Response Procedures and Incident Management System
- Tactical Response Guidelines for Propane Emergencies
- Product Removal, Transfer, and Recovery Operations
The Propane Emergencies Facilitator’s Guide 3rd Edition can be ordered in a USB format by adding item PRC-009682 to your cart, it includes a 48-minute training video on USB with an instructor guide, interactive scenarios and ready-to-use training slides for 4-, 8-, and 24-hour classes. The documents in the USB are also available for download by adding item 9042-IT-13 to your cart.
- PRC-009682 – USB including files for instructor guide, interactive scenarios and ready-to-use training slides for 4-, 8-, and 24-hour classes. Sold individually.
- PRC-007222 – Printed textbook. Sold individually.
- 9042-IT-13 – Downloadable PDF files, that include instructor guide, interactive scenarios and ready-to-use training slides for 4-, 8-, and 24-hour classes.
- 9102-SA-14-Downloadable PDF file of the Propane Emergencies, 3rd edition book.
Sign in to add this item to your cart.