EPA Clean School Bus Program
Established by the Infrastructure Investment & Jobs Act, the Clean School Bus Program has $5 billion in funding over the next 5 years (FY 2022–2026), to include up to $500 million each year for Clean School Buses, which includes Propane, CNG, LNG, electric, and hydrogen and up to $500 million each year for zero emission school buses.
Get Ready to Apply for Propane
- Prepare your Sam.gov account. All applicants must have access to their System for Award Management information
- Make sure your account has the right Point of Contact listed to have access to the EPA Clean School Bus Portal
- Review the Priority School District list to determine if you, or your partnered School District, are eligible for additional funding and priority in the lottery process
- Review the Q&A document, Program Guidelines, and Program Application User Guide
- Start collecting information on your eligible school buses using the EPA’s Inventory Sheet
The lottery process means there is no rush to apply today, but make sure to get your application submitted on or before August 19 to be eligible for funding!
Maximum Propane School Bus Funding