Ultimate Guide to Tankless Water Heaters Volume 1 Ultimate Guide to Tankless Water Heaters Volume 1
Why propane tankless water heating?
What’s your customer’s biggest concern about water heating? Rising utility costs? Running out of hot water? Environmental sensitivity? Builders and remodelers can address any of these concerns by choosing high-efficiency propane tankless water heating. Propane tankless units provide comfort, versatility, convenience, and efficiency by supplying high volumes of hot water with compact and highly innovative technology — a level of performance that electric and heating oil systems can’t match.
Key benefits of propane tankless water heaters
- Reduced energy costs. Propane tankless water heaters can reduce energy costs by up to 50 percent and eliminate standby energy loss from the tank, as well as the unnecessary expense of heating water when it is not being used.
- Lower annual cost of ownership. Propane tankless water heaters offer the lowest annual cost of ownership in four out of five u.s. climate zones and far better performance than other models tested1.
- No cold showers. Propane tankless water heaters provide an endless supply of hot water, averaging about 222 gallons per hour, compared with an average first-hour delivery rating of just 62 gallons per hour for electric storage tank models.
- Compact size. A propane tankless water heater can save up to 16 square feet of floor space over a standard storage tank model.
- Long service life. Propane-fueled tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of about 20 years, much longer than any conventional storage water heater
Hot Water Flow Rates Based on First Hour Rating (for Storage Units) and Gallons per Minute Rating (for Tankless Units)
Optimize your installations
Installing a propane tankless water heater is fairly straightforward. Tankless units are less labor-intensive to install than tank-style units, and they use the same plumbing as natural gas water heaters.
But experienced pros know there’s an art to perfecting a water heater installation. With proper technique and advanced planning, pros can minimize an installation’s upfront cost, maximize performance and return on investment, and ensure the tankless unit lasts for its predicted lifespan.
“The Construction Professional’s Ultimate Guide to Tankless Water Heaters” below collects five of our most popular and helpful resources on tankless water heaters in one comprehensive ebook that you can pull up on your tablet or print out for your subs. From venting tactics to whole-house heating strategies, these articles will ensure you have the training and expertise you need to give your customers a flawless tankless water heater installation.