As part of its effort to research, develop, and demonstrate the effectiveness of propane technology, PERC is offering a monetary incentive to select, qualifying construction professionals who build new homes and remodel existing homes that follow the Propane Energy Pod model. Eligible homes use propane equipment for space heating, water heating, cooking, and other heating and power applications.
To promote the construction of all-propane homes within the United States, the Propane Construction Incentive Program offers builders and remodelers up to $1,500 for each home built or remodeled to the Propane Energy Pod model. Construction professionals are eligible to receive the incentive for up to five homes per state, for a total of up to $7,500 per year.
It’s a win-win for you and your customers, who will enjoy the improved energy efficiency, performance, comfort, and carbon-emission reductions of Energy Pod Homes when compared with all-electric counterparts.
Who Can Apply?
To qualify for selection into the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a U.S. builder or remodeler, and at least 18 years of age.
- You are claiming up to five incentives per state, per year (maximum 10 incentives per builder or remodeler).
- The homes for which you are applying will be built or remodeled in the current calendar year.
Disclaimer: Other conditions may apply.
How Much Will I Get?
Construction professionals may apply to participate in the program at one of four levels, based on the amount and type of propane equipment installed into the home.
Propane Application Installed Full Comfort & Efficiency ($1,500) Essential Needs ($1,000) Strategic Applications ($750) Basic Package ($500) Space heating: any boiler, furnace, or combination system
Water heating: any tankless, storage, or combination system
Cooking: oven, grill, cooktop, or other installed kitchen appliance
Minimum additional propane applications: clothes drying, fireplace, pool heating, outdoor heating or lighting features, cogeneration, renewable backup (off-grid) power, or standby generator Two Additional One Additional Two Additional
(May include space heating.)
(May include space heating/cooking.)
Please note that any non-installed equipment fueled by a portable propane cylinder — such as backyard grills and patio heaters — do not count toward application requirements.
Please also note that all equipment must be purchased new. Refurbished or modified equipment will not count toward the completion of program requirements.
The program will pay participants upon receiving a signed contract, W9 form, completed program survey, and proof of purchase (e.g., receipt) for all equipment. Please allow up to 60 business days for processing.
What's Needed of Me?
The Propane Construction Incentive Program is not a rebate program. Rather, it is a research initiative that seeks to gather relevant, useful data about the operation of propane equipment in real-world use conditions. As such, program participants must agree to complete a survey that requests the following information about their business and marketing approach to the program manager:
- Product installation
- Marketing capabilities
- Relationships with manufacturer representatives
- Internal safety and training methods
An applicant must also complete a contract and W9. Applicants will receive 1099s.
How Do I Apply?
Follow the link below and complete the registration form. Before doing so, please review the following information:
- The Propane Construction Incentive Program is not a rebate program.
- Building and remodeling to the Propane Energy Pod model described herein does not guarantee the incentive and not all applicants will qualify.
- PERC recommends filing an application for the Propane Construction Incentive Program prior to purchasing any equipment described herein.
- PERC recommends filing an application for the Propane Construction Incentive Program prior to building the Propane Energy Pod model described herein.
- PERC may deny an application or request for an incentive for any reason whatsoever, even if eligibility requirements described herein are met.
- For questions regarding the Propane Construction Incentive Program, please call 202-452-8975 or send an email to email@example.com.