As part of its effort to research, develop, and demonstrate the effectiveness of propane technology, PERC is offering a monetary incentive to select, qualifying construction professionals who build new homes and remodel existing homes using propane appliances. Eligible homes use propane equipment for space heating, water heating, cooking, and other heating and power applications.
To promote the construction of all-propane homes within the United States, the Propane Construction Incentive Program offers builders and remodelers up to $1,500 for each home built or remodeled with qualifying propane appliances. Construction professionals are eligible to receive the incentive for up to five homes per state, for a total of up to $7,500. The homes must be completed in 2020.
It’s a win-win for you and your customers, who will enjoy the improved energy efficiency, performance, comfort, and carbon-emission reductions of propane homes when compared with all-electric counterparts.
Who Can Apply?
To qualify for selection into the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a U.S. builder or remodeler, and at least 18 years of age.
- You are claiming up to five incentives per state, per year (maximum 10 incentives per builder or remodeler).
- The homes for which you are applying will be built or remodeled in 2020.
Disclaimer: Other conditions may apply.
How Much Will I Get?
Construction professionals may apply to participate in the program at one of four levels, based on the amount and type of propane equipment installed into the home.
Please note that any non-installed equipment fueled by a portable propane cylinder — such as backyard grills and patio heaters — do not count toward application requirements.
Please also note that all equipment must be purchased new. Refurbished or modified equipment will not count toward the completion of program requirements.
The program will pay participants upon receiving a signed contract, W9 form, completed program survey, and proof of purchase (e.g., receipt) for all equipment. Please allow up to 60 business days for processing.
What's Needed of Me?
The Propane Construction Incentive Program is not a rebate program. Rather, it is a research initiative that seeks to gather relevant, useful data about the operation of propane equipment in real-world use conditions. As such, program participants must agree to complete a survey that requests the following information about their business and marketing approach to the program manager:
- Product installation
- Marketing capabilities
- Relationships with manufacturer representatives
- Internal safety and training methods
An applicant must also complete a contract and W9. Applicants will receive 1099s.
How Do I Apply?
Follow the link below and complete the registration form. Before doing so, please review the following information:
- The Propane Construction Incentive Program is not a rebate program.
- Building and remodeling to the incentive packages described herein does not guarantee the incentive and not all applicants will qualify.
- PERC recommends filing an application for the Propane Construction Incentive Program prior to purchasing any equipment described herein.
- PERC recommends filing an application for the Propane Construction Incentive Program prior to building to the incentive package described herein.
- PERC may deny an application or request for an incentive for any reason whatsoever, even if eligibility requirements described herein are met.
- For questions regarding the Propane Construction Incentive Program, please call 202-452-8975 or send an email to [email protected].