PERC Supports Agriculture Educators and Students with Free, Downloadable Lesson Plans
Lesson plans feature curriculum, activities, and tests discussing propane’s role in the agriculture industry.
WASHINGTON, D.C., December 2021 –The Propane Education & Research Council has developed and updated lesson plans to support agriculture education, connect with students, and share more about propane and its role in the agriculture industry. These free, downloadable lesson plans include curriculum, activities, and tests.
“PERC recognizes that the future of farming lies in the hands of the next generation of farmers, rooted in classrooms nationwide,” said Mike Newland, PERC director of agriculture business development. “These lesson plans are one small way for us to support agricultural educators and our Future Farmers of America by making it easier to teach students about the role propane plays in agriculture operations coast to coast.”
Each of the 13 available lesson plans includes propane-focused curriculum as well as interactive activities and sample tests. Topics include:
- Introduction to Energy and Fuels in Agriculture
- Today’s Propane Industry
- Sources and Processing of Propane
- The Science and Nature of Gases
- Measurements and Calculations with Propane
- Safety Considerations with Propane
- Personal Safety with Propane
- Handling Propane Fuel
- Storing Propane Fuel
- Propane Use in the Home and Agribusiness
- Power Technology Applications of Propane Fuel
- Heat Applications of Propane in Agriculture
- Pest Management and Sanitation Uses of Propane in Agriculture
To view and download all lesson plans, visit https://propane.com/for-my-business/agriculture/ag-lesson-plans/.
* * *
For More Information:
Propane Education & Research Council
The Propane Education & Research Council is a nonprofit that provides leading propane safety and training programs and invests in research and development of new propane-powered technologies. PERC is operated and funded by the propane industry. For more information, visit Propane.com.