Sign Up for Can-Do Journal Updates
You might need a new water heater sooner than you think. Why? Because one year in human years is like ten years of wear and tear for a water heater.
Over time, the performance of any water heater diminishes, wasting energy and costing you money. Even worse, an old water heater could quit or fail, costing you even more for replacement and cleanup.
When was the last time you replaced your water heater? Take our short quiz to learn if it’s time to update yours.
When it is time, you may want to consider switching from electric to propane. It’s worth the switch! Propane uses less energy, saves you money, and reduces your carbon footprint compared to electric units.
If you want to reduce your carbon footprint and save money with a propane water heater, consider these two options:
Storage Tank Water Heater
- A 40-gallon propane unit delivers the same amount of hot water as a 50-gallon electric unit.
- Energy Star propane units save about 13-16 percent in annual energy costs compared with electric and heating oil units.
- Propane units emit 46 percent fewer greenhouse gas emissions compared with standard electric units.
Tankless Water Heater
- Heats water only when needed.
- Compact size saves approximately 9-16 square feet of floor space.
- Saves more than $150/year in energy costs compared with typical electric storage models.
Not convinced? See the numbers for yourself.