Sign Up for Can-Do Journal Updates
Spoiled food, damage to electronics, loss of showers and bathrooms, and the uncertainty that comes with a power outage are unfortunate – and all too familiar to most of us.
Power outages are increasing every year and can cost a family an average of $1,250. Yet despite the financial and emotional tolls, only 27 percent of homeowners report having any source of backup power to protect against the risks imposed by these events.
Stop the cycle now by making your home more resilient, starting with a propane standby generator.
So, what makes propane the best choice for standby power?
- It supplies supplemental electricity in as little as 10 seconds after an outage.
- Propane doesn’t degrade over time, unlike diesel or gasoline, making it an ideal standby power fuel.
- It’s available in a variety of capacities to fit the needs of any size home.
- It produces significantly fewer greenhouse gas emissions than diesel or gasoline.
- Propane is non-toxic, non-poisonous, and won’t contaminate soil or water.
- It can handle an entire home’s energy needs for days, unlike solar- or wind-powered systems.