Sign Up for Can-Do Journal Updates
H&H Game Birds is a fifth-generation family operation in Millboro, South Dakota, that has been hatching and raising pheasants for hunting and preservation opportunities since 1909. Each year, the company raises approximately 15,000 gamebirds and hatches 30,000 roosters.
Cleanliness, consistency, and efficiency are imperative to this type of business, which led the company to choose propane for many of its operational needs — such as heating water to wash eggs, clean the facility, and heat the full barn through its boiler which radiates heat through the floor. Gas or diesel to accomplish the same jobs would result in smoke or soot in the barns which would be harmful to the well-being of its delicate birds, so propane is a reliable and safe choice.
The company’s Midwestern location also means extreme fluctuations in temperature throughout the year, so it relies on propane’s precise temperature control to maintain an optimal growing environment for the birds. After converting to propane, the company never runs out of hot water and can precisely control building heat which is vital to the health of its pheasants.
- Heat Transfer Products Pioneer 55-gallon Water Boiler
- A.O. Smith, ATI-Series Tankless Water Heater
- In-Floor Radiant Heating
- Propane is a clean, non-toxic fuel that’s safe to use around plants and animals.
- Propane heating systems maintain precise room temperatures within 0.5 degrees Fahrenheit of the desired temperature.
- Propane radiant heating is easily zoned for optimal animal health and fuel savings.
- A range of propane boilers with inputs reaching 8,660,000 BTU/H are available to support different farm applications.