It’s no secret that propane autogas offers fleets of all sizes a number of great benefits and advantages. Here are the top ten facts that show why transitioning a fleet to propane autogas can positively impact companies, fleets, drivers, and customers.
- Propane autogas vehicles cost less over the life of the vehicle compared to diesel and gasoline vehicles.
- Fleets can save between 30 to 50 percent on propane autogas compared to gasoline and diesel fuel costs.
- Propane autogas is a non-contaminant of soil, air, and water.
- Propane autogas reduces the amount of greenhouse gas, NOx, and SOx emissions produced by vehicles.
- Propane autogas doesn’t require additional fluids or filters to meet emissions requirements.
- Approximately 90 percent of all propane is produced within the U.S.
- Propane retailers located throughout the U.S. can help fleets get set up with propane autogas.
- With propane autogas, there are refueling options to fit the needs of any fleet.
- Unlike diesel, propane autogas is not restricted by anti-idling laws and requirements.
- Propane autogas engines are noticeably quieter than their diesel counterparts, which can give customers, students, and communities a better, quieter experience when service trucks, public transit vehicles or school buses go into residential neighborhoods.
For more information about the benefits propane autogas can provide your fleet, visit propane.com/on-road-fleets.