Whether a contractor runs a small lawn maintenance company or a multi-state, full-service landscaping business, propane mowers can add up to success. These three green industry contractors vary in size of operation, yet all found propane to elevate their companies.
Stay Green, Inc., Santa Clarita, California — Large fleet with 66 mowers.
Challenge: With a demanding year-round mowing season, Stay Green needed equipment that could keep up without causing delays for maintenance and costly repairs. Propane’s impact:
- It saved an estimated 50 percent per gallon of propane compared with gasoline.
- It saved an estimated 70 percent on maintenance costs compared with the maintenance required for its gasoline mowers.
Barnes, Inc., Madison, Wisconsin — Medium fleet with 28 mowers.
Barnes, Inc., is a year-round business caring for more than 1,000 residential and commercial properties. Propane’s impact:
- Reduced fuel costs compared to using other fuels.
- Improved mower performance with propane reduced downtime for repairs.
- Fewer maintenance issues associated with dirty engines.
Davis Mowing Service, Sauk City, Wisconsin — Small fleet with two mowers.
For Davis Mowing Service, the bottom line of propane was too good to pass up. Propane’s impact:
- Saved an estimated $2.70 per gallon with propane.
- Secured a new contract after submitting a lower bid thanks to the propane fuel savings.
- Previously received an additional $0.50 on fuel as part of Wisconsin’s state incentive for clean energy.
See how else fleets can benefit from using propane mowers in PERC’s business case for propane mowers brochure.